Tuesday 8 January 2013

Pot luck

I'm not doing hugely well with my 'do something creative every day' resolution.... which should come as no great surprise to anyone really. But rather than dwell on it, I'm going to keep chipping away at forming new habits and notice the things I have achieved for a change. When it's even remotely light enough I'll take photos of the two (2!) pieces of jewellery I managed by last night... but for now I'll flag up my third creative thing from the first week of 2013. 'Three out of seven ain't bad' as nobody as ever said after all. 

The pots by the front door are a bit a bugbear of mine. Obviously they should be fabulous antique lead massive pots with some kind of stunning standard tree or maybe a Buxus pyramid in.... but they're not, they're cheapie fibreglass lookielikies and the conifers I've put them in over the years always eventually give up and are then a bugger to get out. So last Autumn I filled them with Chrysanths, but they'd finished before Christmas even and could be ignored no longer so it was time for a do-over. I've settled on a couple of shrubs, some fail-safe Heucheras and a bit of seasonal colour which can be changed/added to etc. For now at least that's what I've settled on. They need a bit of filling out. Maybe they could try my diet, it seems to be doing wonders for filling me out! 
 















Obviously there are no 'Before' pictures. I'm not very good at this blogging malarky yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment