Saturday 5 January 2013

Winter Gardens

Not the Blackpool kind... the garden kind. I realised today that plants for winter interest should be where they can be seen from the house as much as possible because frankly, that's the only place the garden is seen from whilst the weather is pants.

This stroke of genius came when I ventured out to get something from the shed (can't even remember what now and it was only yesterday) and saw how lovely the Garrya elliptica looks at the moment... tucked down at the end of the garden 'behind' the Viburnum opulus that sticks out miles into the middle of the garden, the Garrya just isn't seen at this time of year. And this is its moment. (Ignore the dodgy looking Christmas tree next to it.)


I wonder if I'll be looking at this garden this time next year, or a new one. This one I should imagine since Mr. Moneybags doesn't like spending too much money on anything (apart from new computers natch).

No comments:

Post a Comment